From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince and letter size paper
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:08:02
1 At Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:08:11 +0000 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Saturday 16 February 2008, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> emerging libpaper says
5 >>
6 >> elog "run \"paperconfig -p letter\" as root to use letter-pagesizes"
7 >> elog "or paperconf with normal user privileges."
8 >>
9 >> I did the first and when I run
10 >> paperconf
11 >> it says letter as does
12 >> cat /etc/papersize
13 >>
14 >> Nonetheless, whenever evince starts up it defaults to A4 paper.
15 >> Any help would be appreciated.
16 >
17 > I am only quoting from the man pages here, papercof -d should run the default
18 > paper size which from what you're saying above is set to letter?
19 >
20 > Has evince got it's own application level configuration for paper size under
21 > printer settings, or something like that?
22
23 I couldn't find one. It does have file -> print setup
24 and that says A4, which I always change to US letter, but it doesn't
25 "stick".
26
27 thanks,
28 allan