From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 06:01:59
1 On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 20:27:45 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 > From there, there is a link to test whether the new IPv6 works on my
5 > system and between me and the reat of the world. It appears I am not
6 > ready. It complained about the DNS server for the most part. Funny
7 > thing is, I use googles DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the
8 > settings.
9
10 So you are explicitly using IPv4 addresses for your DNS. This is what the
11 test complains about: to get full marks you need to connect to a DNS
12 server via IPv6 as well. I'm not sure if Google provides public DNS via
13 IPv6 yet.
14
15 > Should I have the USE flag ipv6 enabled or should I leave it off for
16 > now? If so, anyone had any trouble with it or is this a trivial change?
17
18 You should leave this enabled unless you have a specific reason to turn
19 it off.
20
21 Kind regards,
22