From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] www-client/chromium
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 06:11:25
1 on 08/05/2011 08:44 AM Mick wrote the following:
2 > On Friday 05 Aug 2011 06:14:37 Adam Carter wrote:
3 >> The noscript firefox addon gives significant protection with only a
4 >> little inconvenience.
5 >
6 > By "little inconvenience" you mean that most webpages will not show up
7 > properly? These days any page has a tonne of JavaScript in it and menus,
8 > slideshows, etc. will not render without it. Because many designers or CMS'
9 > engines do not provide graceful degradation, you end up looking at half a page
10 > and thinking what else is missing.
11 >
12 > I agree that security can have a price in terms of inconvenience, but I found
13 > that I had to switch NoScript off after a while because it was becoming a
14 > significant hindrance.
17 I will agree. I also have it almost "switched off" (allow scripts globally).