From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Joining PDF files together.
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 17:49:09
1 On 09-Jul-20 19:32, Jack wrote:
2 > On 2020.07.09 13:25, Jarry wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 16:32, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
4 >> > I've just scanned in a two-page document using sane, and it's given me
5 >> > as output two separate files.  I would like to join these together into
6 >> > a single document.
7 >> >
8 >> > Would somebody please suggest to me an appropriate package to do this
9 >> > with.
10 >>
11 >> Sorry for stealing this topic, but does any of mentioned packages
12 >> support "overlapping" one pdf-page over the other? Not sure if
13 >> I'm using the right word, but what I mean is "joining" two pdf
14 >> pages of the same size to single page, with content of both those
15 >> original pages written over each other to single output page.
16 >>
17 >> I have been using "stamp" option of pdftk for this, but it crashes
18 >> sometimes...
19 > I haven't done it, but would gimp work?  It might be overkill, but
20 > something about layers sounds appropriate.
23 It might work, but I'm doing it sometimes on large batches of files,
24 so I'd prefer scripted solution. From my experience pdftk crashes
25 about 4-5 times out of 100 operations. So I have to find those cases
26 when it failed and run them again...
27
28 Jarry
32 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
33 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.