From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] g-cpan equivalent for python
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 22:41:45
1 On 11/22/19 4:10 PM, Dan Johansson wrote:
2 >
3 > The recommended way to install it is using pip which will then install
4 > everything including dependencies (which could lead to conflicts with
5 > software installed using emerge (I guess)).
6 > I would rather use some "mechanism" to avoid this and use portage for
7 > dependencies - like g-cpan for perl.
10 You'll have to write the ebuild yourself, there is no g-cpan equivalent
11 for python packages. The good news is that this program looks fairly
12 simple, and it already has a setup.py and a list of requirements in
13 requirements.txt.
14
15 You should be able to copy an existing python ebuild (there are
16 thousands) and modify it slightly to work. You can ask for help on IRC
17 if you get stuck. Welcome to Gentoo development =)