From: Andrew Frink <andrew.frink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg is unable to detect mouse
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:10:43
1 On 9/29/06, Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Daniel,
4 >
5 > In case you had not noticed, compiling the entire distro from source is
6 > not the newbie way to install a linux distro either. I think if you're that
7 > worried about autoconfiguration, you should probably look elsewhere.
8 >
9 > Daniel lliev wrote:
10 > Nope! I agree with the OP. My plain "2 buttons + scroller" mouse wasn't
11 > detected too. So I copied my old xorg.conf.
12 > I really think xorg configuration should be more user friendly. Woking
13 > X
14 > is crucial for not getting newbies scared. ;-)
15 >
16 > --
17 > Jason Weisberger
18 > jbdubbs@×××××.com
21 The solution is to set your mouse to /dev/input/mice, and add the line to
22 your mouse section 'Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"'. there done the scroll
23 wheel will work.