From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't tether the phone and use it as a modem anymore
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:49:10
1 On Saturday 19 Nov 2011 17:32:27 Mick wrote:
2 > Has something changed in the bluetooth configuration over the last six
3 > months or so? I can't seem to be able connect to rfcomm anymore ...
4 >
5 > I can connect to the phone, l2ping it, etc, but when I use kppp to dial,
6 > the modem does not respond. Also, there's no rfcomm showing under
7 > ifconfig -a, which I seem to recall that it should normally come up. This
8 > is my rfcomm.conf:
9 >
10 > #
11 > # RFCOMM configuration file.
12 > #
13 >
14 > rfcomm0 {
15 > # # Automatically bind the device at startup
16 > # bind no;
17 > bind yes;
18 > # # Bluetooth address of the device
19 > # device 11:22:33:44:55:66;
20 > device 00:1A:10:5C:20:BF;
21 > #
22 > # # RFCOMM channel for the connection
23 > # channel 1;
24 > channel 1;
25 > # # Description of the connection
26 > # comment "Example Bluetooth device";
27 > comment "Nokia 6021";
28 > }
31 > Any ideas?
32
33 Aha! It seems that I have an access issue ...
34
35 If I connect with the phone as root (hcitools cc 00:1A:10:5C:20:BF) I can then
36 query the modem and dial out.
37
38 Why would that be ... my user is a member of the uucp group:
39
40 # ls -la /dev/rfcomm0
41 crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 216, 0 Nov 19 17:44 /dev/rfcomm0
44 Regards,