From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mozilla-thunderbird and local mail [maildir]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:35:41
1 Hi folks
2
3 Does anyone know if Thunderbird can be configured to read /home/user/.maildir ?
4
5 I have a qmail setup that delivers directly to /home/user/.maildir and
6 is reliable etc. so I do not wish to change this.
7 Now mutt will read this fine which is what I use when away from home
8 but for home use I prefer a X app. I have used Evoultion and kmail
9 both of which are fine but have a few niggles which mean I am looking
10 for an alternative.
11 Thunderbird would be the next client but I can only get it to setup
12 for POP or IMAP neither of which I want to use. I just want it to read
13 a maildir.
14
15 Regards
16 Stuart
20 "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
21 binary, those who don't"
22
23 --Unknown
24 --