From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Depclean and cross-foo/gcc
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:36:16
1 On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Zac Medico wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > Daniel Barkalow wrote:
7 > > I've been doing a lot of --depclean lately, and I've run into something
8 > > odd. "emerge --depclean cross-avr/gcc" wants to remove all 3 versions, but
9 > > it's in my world file. On the other hand, "emerge --depclean" doesn't want
10 > > to remove any of them. I initially set this up with a crossdev that's now
11 > > quite ancient, which may be significant, but I don't want to entirely redo
12 > > all my avr compilers to get them with the new crossdev.
13 > >
14 > > What I'd actually like is to have a specific version (the one that our
15 > > code is most heavily tested with), and the latest version (to test that).
16 > > Is there some way to have --depclean see a dependancy on a specific
17 > > version (or slot, as I've already masked other versions that would be in
18 > > that slot) from world or the equivalent?
19 >
20 > I think you want --prune, since --depclean behaves like a dependency
21 > aware version of --unmerge.
22
23 According to the man page, --prune will remove the old version that I want
24 to keep. I want to have 3.4.4-r1 and (currently) 4.2.2, but I don't care
25 about 4.1.2. When 4.2.3 comes out, I'll want that instead of 4.2.2.
26
27 -Daniel
28 *This .sig left intentionally blank*
29 --