From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] aiglx/beryl: xfce, firefox issues
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:19:21
1 Hi,
2 I successfully managed to run AIGLX+Beryl with the following system:
3
4 videocard: ati radeon 9200se
5 xorg: 7.1 (stable, from Portage)
6 beryl: 0.1.4 (~x86, from Portage)
7 window decorator: emerald 0.1.4 (~x86, from portage).
8 xfce: 4.2 (stable, from Portage)
9
10 It works mostly OK, but I have two serious issues:
11
12 1)I have a Firefox instance on desktop A. I do switch (by clicking on
13 pager, no cube etc.- cube is not working btw) to desktop B, then again
14 to desktop A. The firefox window often is no more visible on desktop A,
15 nor it appears in the Expose plugin. I can see it on the task bar and
16 click it, but it doesn't apper. I do have to close it and restart it. It
17 seems other apps do not suffer this problem.
18
19 2)The xfce standard pager doesn't show windows in other beryl desktops,
20 only in the current active desktop.
21
22 Where can I look for hints on what's wrong and how to solve it?
23
24 Thanks,
25 m.
26 --