From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE-4.4 strikes again
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:51:01
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > has anybody a recipe on this upgrade hell each time KDE release a new
5 > version?
6 > This time existing KDE-4.3.5 packages block KDE-4.4 packages though they
7 > go to different slots.
8 > Even portage-2.2_rc62 is unable to cope with that.
9 >
10 > Thanks for a hint,
11 > Helmut.
15 Well, I'm not really sure. I synced a bit ago, ran autounmask and it is
16 just starting to download and emerge. So far, it shows the blocks but
17 portage didn't stop the process. It has started at least.
18
19 I'm using the same version of portage you are using. You sure it is not
20 something that is not unmasked or something of that nature? I'd be glad
21 to share my unmask and keyword files if you need them. Off list of
22 course, unless the list wouldn't mind me putting them on here to share. ^-^
23
24 Dale
25
27
28 P. S. Total: 275 packages (14 upgrades, 27 new, 234 in new slots, 245
29 uninstalls), Size of downloads: 726,272 kB
30 Conflict: 499 blocks
31
32 Sure am glad I got DSL now. lol That would take me a week on dial-up.