From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} SSD instead of RAID1?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:33:27
1 Florian Philipp schrieb:
2 >
3 > Where I work, we have a System-on-a-Chip (SoC) NAS. Albeit being the
4 > second most powerful machine we have in our server room (quad core CPU,
5 > lots of RAM, three redundant power supplies and a good dozen HDDs), the
6 > OSS itself resides on a removable card not bigger than my thumb.
10 Err, I don't know if I really have to make this clarification, but I
11 don't want to spread false nomenclature:
12
13 Of course, the system I describe is not really an SoC because not all
14 components reside on a single chip. Actually, only the basic
15 input/output system and persistent storage are built as an SoC or, to be
16 more precise, as a System-in-a-Package (SiP).