From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bootloaders: SILENT CRISIS!!!
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:58:59
1 On Thursday 26 Jan 2017 18:58:07 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:03:24 -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:
3 > > I looked for more information on GRUB form upstream but, on first
4 > > impression, it's been an abandoned project since 2012...
5 >
6 > That's legacy GRUB, not GRUB2.
7 >
8 > But if you want an EFI bootloader, it is much simpler to use bootctl if
9 > you use systemd or gummiboot if you don't (they are essentially the same
10 > thing). Gummiboot is no longer in the man tree but is available from a
11 > couple of overlays.
12
13 I've installed systemd-boot for bootctl, which avoids having to use an
14 overlay. It appears to be happy on this openrc box.
17 Regards
18 Peter