From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] netfilter tarpit target
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 13:09:32
1 Hi, guys
2
3 Recently I was looking through my logs when I got pissed off (again) by
4 the big number of lines showing something like 'sshd: auth. error:
5 unknown user "XXX" from "some IP address"'. I wrote a script which
6 automatically sets all connections from those IP addresses to be
7 dropped. Next I decided to change "-j DROP" with "-j TARPIT" and I
8 realized that gentoo-sources doesn't provide the netfilter target "TARPIT".
9
10 My question: what is the best way get this iptables module working w/o
11 diverting too much from the official Gentoo installation. I mean the
12 normal way is to use patch-o-matic to patch iptables source and vanilla
13 kernel source, then build and install. I have the feeling that it is not
14 exactly the right thing to with Gentoo.
15
16 Any advices would be much appreciated.
20 Best regards,
21 Daniel
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list