From: Gerhard Hoogterp <gerhard@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mediamanager tries to open wrong path
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:25:52
1 On Wednesday 31 January 2007 22:09, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:31:03 +0100, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:
3
4 > > So adding a line to the fstab file just screws up the system as it
5 > > seems. Removing it leaves me with changable names in the media folder
6 > > (/media/disk, media/disk-1, depending on what's happening..
7 >
8 > Adding a line in fstab overrides the naming that pmount would otherwise
9 > use, but you have to add "users" to the options to allow it to be mounted
10 > as a normal user. Generally, fstab and HAL-driven automounting don't play
11 > well together.
12
13 Apparently.. the "users" flag was already added (noauto, user) so that's not
14 the problem..
15
16 /dev/minolta /mnt/camera vfat noauto,user 0 0
17
18 to be precise.
19
20 > You need to set up udev rules to have persistent naming for your devices,
21 > then KDE will use this to name the mount point. See
22 > http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php
23
24 Done too. udev creates a nice /dev/minolta which I would like automounted
25 to /mnt/camera (or even /media/camera)
26
27 If only pmount.allow would allow for a <device> <label to use>. But as it
28 seems that would make life to simple eg. less interesting..;)
29
30 Thanks,
31 Gerhard
34 Ithaka photography, http://ithaka.mine.nu/