From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] What's up with Firefox?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 09:28:23
1 On Friday 05 Jul 2013 03:40:23 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Peter Humphrey
3 >
4 > <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > Sorry to be a nuisance but I can't think of where else to ask.
6 > >
7 > > On the website I run I have a link to our Twitter profile (or whatever
8 > > it's called). This is the link:
9 > > https://twitter.com/TideswellMVC
10 > >
11 > > If I examine the page using the web host's file editor I see exactly
12 > > that,
13 > >
14 > > yet if I press CTRL-U in www-client/firefox-17.0.7 it shows this:
15 > > https://twitter.com/#%21/TideswellMVC
16 > >
17 > > and if I click the link in the main window I'm asked for a login and
18 > > password.
19 >
20 > Very strange!
21
22 Indeed so. Now here's where I eat humble pie. I ran an emerge -e world
23 overnight (for other reasons) and now I can't reproduce the strangeness[1].
24 Firefox now behaves as it should.
25
26 I can only apologise to you Paul, and to anyone else who put as much effort
27 as you did into helping me with what turns out to have been a red herring.
28
29 --->8
30
31 Now for some strong coffee...
32
33 [1] Perhaps I shouldn't mention Konsole, of which I have four instances on
34 one desktop. In two of them, turning the mouse wheel scrolls the output as
35 expected, but in the other two it scrolls the command-line buffer! I assume
36 this is just one more artefact of the mess that is KDE these days.
39 Peter