From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DVD "FUSE decrypter" to allow non-DeCSS players to work with encrypted DVDs?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:04:30
1 Let's say I have DVD playing software that can only play unencrypted
2 DVDs (either as ISO images or as mounted trees), and I want to use it
3 to play an encrypted DVD.
4
5 Is there any sort of FUSE+libdvdread+libdvddecss utility that can be
6 pointed at an encrypted DVD and then present to user-space apps
7 an unencrypted-filesystem-tree-view of that DVD?
8
9 So far, all I've been able to find is something called AnyDVD which
10 appears to do precisely what I want, but it's Windows-only.
11
12 [Yes, I know that mplayer, xine, totem, mythtv, etc. can all play
13 encrypted DVDs, but our problem statement is that we're limited to one
14 particular DVD player app, and it doesn't do decryption.]
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Boy, am I glad it's
18 at only 1971...
19 gmail.com