From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Unable to catch kernel crash dump
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:37:03
1 > I've been getting a kernel oops for awhile that is worse than ever in
2 > 3.11.1. It seems to be related to my XHCI USB port. I followed the
3 > instructions here:
4 >
5 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel_Crash_Dumps
6 >
7 > but /proc/vmcore doesn't exist after I reboot the system after a
8 > crash. I did notice that I was getting a lot of white text dumped to
9 > the screen against a black background before I followed the
10 > instructions in the wiki, but after following them the screen just
11 > freezes when it crashes.
12 >
13 > Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or how to find out?
14
15 I've discovered that the crash kernel should automatically boot after
16 a crash and that is not happening. Any idea what could be preventing
17 it? Does the following document look up to date and valid?
18
19 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel_Crash_Dumps
20
21 - Grant