From: Vaeth <vaeth@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I am a "f*****g retard". Can you help me?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:05:21
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > "You asked me to do something. It didn't work
4
5 But it is an annoyance if you leave your computer on during the three
6 days you are on the road to compile a load of new packages like e.g.
7 a new kde version, and when you return, compiling has not even started
8 because your first pacakge fortune-mod had a trivial file collision.
9
10 > A failed emerge is by definition an error, and unpredictable. How can we
11 > expect software to dream up the best solution to an exception?
12
13 Since the best solution to this exception is to finish that part of
14 the task which is not influenced by this error, I think the
15 expectation for this exception is clear.