From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kcontrol empty
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:24:29
1 Am Samstag, 30. Januar 2010 schrieb Alex Schuster:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > I'm using KDE4, but there are still some kde3.5 apps. I noticed that
5 > kmymoney2 does not use the comma as decimal point like we do this in
6 > Germany. I was about to file a bug report, but now I think it is correct,
7 > because I did my localization settings in KDE4 only. I still have lots of
8 > KDe3.5 stuff emerged, like kcontrol, but when I start it, it appears
9 > empty. The left panel has no items in it, the Settings menu only allows to
10 > configure shortcuts. I remerged it, no change.
11 >
12 > Any quick idea what to do? It's not important though.
13 >
14 > Wonko
15
16 We’ve had this issue before. You need to run kbuildsycoca in a KDE3
17 environment to rebuild stuff like file associations and KControl content. If
18 it is run in a KDE4 environment (such as after an emerge of a KDE3 app in a
19 KDE4 console), KDE3 stuff gets borked.
20
21 It’s the same vice versa, i.e. if you run kbuildsycoca4 in a KDE3 environment,
22 there’ll be stuff missing in KDE4.
23 --
24 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
25 Never argue with an idiot.
26 He brings you down to his level, then beats you with experience.