From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Use of sed
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:19:11
1 On Wednesday 24 June 2009 12:28:05 Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > man sed answers your second question :)
4
5 s/regexp/replacement/
6 Attempt to match regexp against the pattern space. If successful,
7 replace that portion matched with replacement. The replacement may
8 contain the special character & to refer to that portion of the pattern
9 space which matched, and the special escapes \1 through \9 to refer to
10 the corresponding matching sub-expressions in the regexp.
11
12 No mention of using a different separator, and I couldn't find any other
13 reference either. I did look before asking.
16 Rgds
17 Peter