From: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /usr/portage/distfiles vs /var/cache/distfiles
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 22:05:16
1 I recently installed a new server, and noticed that it is using
2 /var/cache/distfiles rather than /usr/portage/distfiles. looking at the
3 documentation, it seems that is the new default, and it says "new
4 installations" will use it. I have older servers which are still using
5 /usr/portage/distfiles. None of them have DISTDIR configured, so I am
6 curious how portage is deciding between "old" and new"? If I wanted to
7 migrate my older boxes to the new location without explicitly setting
8 DISTDIR on them, what do I need to change?
9
10 Thanks…