From: Jil Larner <jil@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trying to run firefox
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:35:23
1 Yo,
2
3 Did you attempt a revdep-rebuild ?
4
5 Sincerely,
6 Jil
7
8 Chuck Robey a écrit :
9 > I just did a emerge --update of firefox, and while that seemed to emerge with no
10 > errors, when I tried to run it, it tells me it can't load the XRE functions.
11 > This doesn't mean anything to me; does anyone know what that refers to, and how
12 > I might clear it up?
13 >
14 > BTW, the earlier version I'd had in, of portage's firefox, worked fine. I CAN
15 > say that, just previous to trying the update of firefox, I updated my gnome.
16 > That required a great deal of installation of dependencies (probably more, all
17 > told, that 100 packages) but worked fine and executes fine. However, perhaps
18 > some part of that is what hid my XRE functions?