From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} "make uninstall" with no rule
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:08:34
1 On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Grant<emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm just now learning how to compile and install manually. I
3 > installed makemkv-1.4.1 manually and now I found an ebuild so I'd like
4 > to install the latest version via the ebuild, but I get:
5 >
6 > # make uninstall
7 > make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.
8 >
9 > The makefile doesn't mention uninstall. Should I just install over
10 > the current installation via the ebuild? Is there any way to do this
11 > cleanly?
12
13 Hopefully your manually-installed version was installed to /usr/local
14 and the ebuild version will be installed to /usr ... once the ebuild
15 is installed, check out the files list and then manually delete those
16 same files from the /usr/local hierarchy. That's what I would do
17 anyway :) If you did not install the original to /usr/local then yeah
18 I think just having it overwrite the files should be okay in this
19 case.