From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge BUG?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:53:25
1 On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:47:25 +0400, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
2
3 > > What is the contents of /var/lib/portage/world?
4
5 > Hm, really, it's almost empty except for the last packages I have added
6 > yesterday... So that's clearly not an emerge bug, but ... Could
7 > anything mess it up?
8
9 Plenty, with the favourite being user error. If the packages aren't in
10 world nor depended on by something n world, portage will not upgrade them.
11
12 > I have copied the system to a new HDD recently and done an `emerge
13 > @world`, too, and everything went OK.
14
15 OK as in everything you expected to build built? Or OK as in no error
16 messages appeared? Your first step would be to restore the world file
17 from the old drive, adding the entries from the current version.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?