From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop dual-boot rebuild - disk partition questions
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 17:47:40
1 On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Dirk Heinrichs
2 <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 schrieb Mark Knecht:
6 > > I presume I'll use
7 > >
8 > > grub> root(hd0,4)
9 > > to point at my root and still use
10 >
11 > That should be grub's root (/boot), NOT linux' (/), means (hd0,1) if /boot is
12 > sda2.
15 > > grub> setup (hd0) to get grub installed into the MBR?
16 >
17 > That's correct.
18 >
19 > Bye...
20 >
21 > Dirk
22 >
23 Thanks Dirk.
24
25 Windows is nearly installed so I'll move on to Gentoo in the next hour
26 or so. I went with a 10G NTFS partition and will use the rest for
27 Gentoo. I've been using a Windows etx3 driver to access Linux
28 partitions so I'll do that here and set up a common personal data area
29 for both environments where I can keep my files. I've also got about 8
30 external 1394 and USB drives so if I need more of anything I can
31 always plug one of them in.
32
33 I really appreciate everyone's inputs. Thanks!
34
35 Cheers,
36 Mark
37 --