From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update BIOS with 4MB .exe
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:05:33
1 > flashrom can write to a growing number of BIOSes, did you try it
2 > already? It's in portage so you can just emerge it. Look at the use
3 > flag list, since you might need to enable support for something in
4 > there so it can see your chip(s).
5 >
6 > The exe file might be usable directly with it, or you might have some
7 > luck trying to uncompress it with 7z or xz.
8
9 I read that flashrom can't use an executable directly and unzip didn't
10 work so I didn't seriously consider it. I didn't try 7z or xz though.
11
12 I did finally get it to work with unetbootin though. This would
13 actually probably work too:
14
15 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/FreeDOS_Flash_Drive
16
17 My problem was that I was trying to change to the C drive like this:
18
19 cd c:
20
21 instead of like this: