From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install - root is mounted read-only
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 11:58:36
1 On 2021-06-18 10:55+0100 Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > I've started tackling my new build again, and when it boots root is
4 > read-only. Hopefully I've just missed something stupid, but how to I
5 > get it to transition read-write?
6 >
7 > System is grub, systemd, and root is an lv ...
8 >
9 > Do I need to do anything special with the initrd? Manually remounting
10 > fixes it fine as far as I can tell.
11
12 Do you use a custom initrd? The kernel usually mounts / ro at first and
13 the initrd remounts it with `mount -o remount,rw /` later.
14 You can also mount / rw from the beginning by specifying “rw” instead of
15 “ro” on the kernel commandline¹. The current kernel commandline is
16 visible in /proc/cmdline.
17
18 Kind regards, tastytea
19