From: "Johan Blåbäck" <johan.bluecreek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Synaptics touchpad mistaken(?) for Logitech Wheel Mouse
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:31:43
1 On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello Iain and Johan,
5 > On 3/12/08, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
6 > > ok. Are you sure it's a synaptics touchpad? Otherwise I'm out of
7 > > ideas, sorry...
8 >
9 > I didn't want to hijack the thread, so I waited till this moment. I
10 > can report a similar problem on my laptop.
11 >
12 > The symptoms are pretty much the same as those described by Johan.
13 > However, in my case the Touchpad worked fine (for example, sliding the
14 > finger on the far-right side correctly translated into scrolling). It
15 > was (more or less) after I used a couple of times my Logitech USB
16 > Mouse that the Touchpad defaulted to basic mouse functionality (two
17 > buttons and "mouse pointer" movement).
18 >
19 > At that time I was convinced it was a "coldplugging" problem. When I
20 > found some more free time, and after having survived an "emerge
21 > world", I switched to a (completely) dynamic udev. Still, this did not
22 > solve the problem. Then I was blocked. Following the Wiki Howtos for
23 > configuring the Touchpad did not help much, either.
24 >
25 > How do you think that I could verify that this is a "coldplug/udev"
26 > problem? Could this be the problem, at all? What information that
27 > would help you help me pin-point the problem could I post?
28
29 I know nothing about this (udev), so any outside input to this
30 discussion would be good.
34 > Thanks,
35 > Liviu
38 > --
39 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
47 For security reasons, all text in this mail is double-rot13 encrypted.
48 --
49 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list