From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] courier-authlib libpam undefined symbol problem
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:58:15
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 06:54:47 +0100 (BST), Robert Persson wrote:
5 >> Jun 23 22:16:53 zebedee authdaemond: /lib/libpam.so.0:
6 >> undefined symbol: courier_pam_init
7 >>
8 >> I have tried re-emerging courier-authlib and pam, but
9 >> this has not worked. What else should I do?
12 > Have you run revdep-rebuild?
13 >
14 Good idea. Thank you. About time I did that.
15
16 However I don't know whether it will solve the courier authentication
17 problem because I managed to get dovecot working instead while
18 revdep-rebuild was chugging away.
19
20 One very important point about dovecot, for anyone reading this:
21
22 DO NOT use webmin to configure dovecot. webmin creates a dovecot.conf
23 file with obsolete syntax. The sample conf file that comes with dovecot
24 needs very little changed to get a basic home imap server working. (I
25 only had to change the destination directory from %h/Maildir to
26 %h/.maildir to get it up and running.)
29 Robert
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list