From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfs home directory vs kmail
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:53:50
1 Mike Diehl writes:
2
3 > BTW, the nfs mounts are done via /etc/init.d/nfs, which does a mount -a
4 > nfs.
5
6 Not here. Are you using baselayout-2 or something?
7
8 Some while ago, I had problems (not similar to yours) when mounting NFS
9 shares before I had started /etc/init.d/nfs-client, which is called
10 nfsmount now I think. Do you have that one running?
11
12 What system is your NFS server runnig? Is it also Gentoo, or something
13 else? My NFS once went wonky when I had an old kernel running the server,
14 after an update all problems were gone.
15 Any messages in syslog or dmesg when mounting the share?
16
17 Wonko