From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet radio?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:51:25
1 On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:30:38 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I give up. I'm at 17 packages I have to unmask and I don't know how to
7 >>> get portage to give me the list of all packages that have to be
8 >>> unmasked.
9 >>
10 >> emerge autounmask.
11 >
12 > seconded, autounmask is the best invention since electricity :)
16 Yeah - once I figured out what it was doing it was a perfect solution.
17 I ended up with 31 packages added to package.keywords and 12 to
18 package.unmask. Big time saver.
19
20 The one thing I'm not liking about it was it is that it created
21 /etc/portagexs which now stops me from bash auto-completing my tab
22 commands the way I'm used to doing it for all these years. A trade
23 off...
24
25 thanks,
26 Mark