From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using SSH around the LAN
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:51:33
1 On Tue Jul 12 16:42:12 2016, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I remember some time ago reading a guide on the Web to using ssh and keychain
5 > to simplify routine tasks, but now I can't find it.
6 >
7 > What I want to do is to use scp, ssh and rsync to copy files and directories
8 > from one local machine to another, without having to submit a password on
9 > every occasion. I want to be able to do this as myself, as portage or as root.
10 >
11 > Is there a guide to setting up password-less authentication to enable me to do
12 > this?
13
14 Hi,
15
16 You can use a password-less key and you will not be prompted to enter a
17 password.
20 alarig