From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: any easy way to reemerge kde using equery or similar tool?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:58:03
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Norberto Bensa [mailto:nbensa@×××.net]
3 > Sent: 24 January 2006 00:39
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: any easy way to reemerge kde
6 > using equery or similar tool?
9 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
10 > > Of course, it will ruin your world file like
11 > > this because you didn't use --oneshot.
12 >
13 > I ruinned my world file yeeears ago anyway :)
14 >
15 > Thanks Neil.
16
17 If understand this right --oneshot does not add the packages to the
18 world file. I assume that if the KDE packages are already in the world
19 file then re-emerging them should not really cause duplicate entries - I
20 guess the ebuild or emerge script checks for packages which have already
21 been installed and amends the world file accordingly, no? Am I missing
22 the point with this --oneshot option?
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list