From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32bit or 64bit
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:20:26
1 On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >>> There are containers and codecs. Most containers are supported,
4 >>> leaving the codecs.
5 >>>
6 >>> Can you post the output of 'mplayer -identify $filename' on that file?
9 >> Point me toward a samples archive and I'll post a file.
10 >
11 > There may be no need. Not sure.
12 >
13 > http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/750
14 >
15 > That said, you might get in touch with mike (at) multimedia.cx, as
16 > he's had a long history of involvement. Offer the sample, mention it's
17 > a codec you need to view frequently. Perhaps ask who you might poke
18 > who'd have an interest in it. I'd probably include the above link.
21 >> The file plays audio in mplayer. There is no video which is consistent
22 >> with what I see here. Granted, this is 64-bit and I don't have
23 >> win32codecs installed which is what plays it on the 32-bit VM.
24 >
25 > [snip]
26 >
27 > Yeah, it's MSS2. And it sounds like upstream is aware of it.
28 >
29 > --
30 > :wq
33 Indeed, I downloaded the wmv file attached to that report and it does
34 the same thing. Audio is fine, no video.
35
36 Cheers,
37 Mark
38