From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 300GB HD
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:20:07
1 One problem, only one place to put the drive. It's a shitty eMachines case.
2
3 I'm building a new comp over the summer, but I'm gonna add the 300 to this
4 comp, and just re-do everything once I get a new mobo and case.
5
6 I'm planning on quad-booting. Or even more.
7
8 40 GB's of Windows XP (I am a gamer. Some games I just cannot get to work
9 under Linux)
10 60 GB's of SuSE (I have an old pro version.)
11 80 GB's of Gentoo 2006.0 (yay!)
12 20 GB's of Shared Files (Music, and whatever needs to be shared)
13 then the rest will be unpartitioned, mainly for trying out some BSD's and
14 other distro's. to be partitioned as appropriate.
15
16 That's my game plan so far. It's subject to change easily.
17
18 Again, I've had trouble locating a PSU that will fit in the case. This is
19 worse then getting a Dell.
20
21 For my next comp, I'm obviously building my own (I got this for free in
22 2001). In a very, very large tower case. I'll probably then stick this
23 current 40GB HD in here and use the comp as a household server running
24 BSD/Linux and hosting LAN game servers and GNUMP3d, and whatever I see fit.
25
26 On 22/05/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>