From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge new package for no reason??
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:58:39
1 Hi
2
3 I did my emerge --sync andthen did a emerge -uvDp world. This is what I
4 got:
5
6 > root@smoker / # emerge -uvDp world
7 >
8 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9 >
10 > Calculating world dependencies \
11 > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
12 > !!! masked or don't exist:
13 > net-im/aim
14 >
15 > ... done!
16 > [ebuild N ] x11-apps/xplsprinters-1.0.1 USE="-debug" 75 kB
17 >
18 > Total size of downloads: 75 kB
19 > root@smoker / # equery depends xplsprinters
20 > [ Searching for packages depending on xplsprinters... ]
21 > root@smoker / # equery list xplsprinter
22 > [ Searching for package 'xplsprinter' in all categories among: ]
23 > * installed packages
24 > root@smoker / #
25
26 Now as you can see, it is not currently installed and nothing depends on
27 it either. Why is portage wanting to install this? I thought it would
28 have to either be something I installed or needed by another package for
29 it to do this. It does not do it when I take the D option out though.
30
31 Just curious. Trying to learn something here. My USE line just in case:
32
33 > USE="acl acpi alsa amd arts artswrappersuid bzip2 cdr chroot crypt
34 > dbus doc dvd dvdr esd exif fdftk -firefox gaim gcj gif gimp gimpprint
35 > gkrellm -gnome gphoto2 gtk hal hbci ipv6 java javascript jbig jpeg2k
36 > justify kde mmx nsplugin ofx offensive -oss postgres ppds qt3 samba
37 > scanner seamonkey sqlite sse tcltk tiff tk truetype udev usb
38 > win32codecs wmf X xmms xml xprint yahoo 3dnow "
39
40 Thanks for helping me clear up the mud here.
41
42 Dale
43
45 --