From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [HEADSUP] libreoffice versus bison-2.5
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 22:05:34
1 On 05/20/2011 08:24 PM, Indi wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 12:50:01AM +0200, walt wrote:
3
4 >> For you users of unstable gentoo: the recent update of 'icu' broke
5 >> dozens of packages (as it always does) including libreoffice.
6 >>
7 >> The problem is that libreoffice fails to build if you have bison-2.5
8
9 > I have bison-2.5, but am using libreoffice-bin which seems fine.
10
11 Yes, that would be expected because bison is needed only at compile time,
12 not at run time.
13
14 I would be using libreoffice-bin too, except for a ridiculous change made
15 about a year ago in the way openoffice charts are scaled on the y-axis.
16
17 I complained bitterly on the openoffice 'chart' mail list, only to discover
18 that openoffice changed its perfectly good scaling algorithm to ape a change
19 made in M$ Office!
20
21 Nobody at openoffice.org would consider reverting that ridiculous mee-too
22 change, so I've been editing the open(libre)office source code to remove it
23 myself before compiling it. I was very disappointed to find a major open-
24 source project following M$ around like a hungry puppy :(