From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cryptfs
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:14:20
1 On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:50:59 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2
3 > > I use a variant of this, where keys are stored on a dedicated
4 > > partition. The pre_mount and post_mount (which unmounts the
5 > > filesystem) ensure that the keys are only visible for as long as it
6 > > takes to mount the other filesystems.
7 >
8 > I protect the root fs with a passphrase and all other volumes with a
9 > keyfile stored in this fs. No need to mount anything (however, I _do_
10 > need an initramfs because of this).
11
12 That still means your keys are readable all the time, whereas mine
13 disappear long before the network comes up.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Remember, it takes 47 muscles to frown
20 And only 4 to pull the trigger of a sniper rifle....