From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Downgrade glibc-2.11 to 2.10
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:57:34
1 > if has_version '>'${CATEGORY}/${PF} ; then
2 >  eerror "Sanity check to keep you from breaking your system:"
3 >  eerror " Downgrading glibc is not supported and a sure way to destruction"
4 >  die "aborting to save your system"
5 > fi
6 >
7 > I want to do it anyway.
8
9 I had a circumstance where I also had to downgrade glibc. It was a
10 giant pain in the ass.
11
12 The advice you gave me in July for the same question (from me that time):
13
14 > 1. Backup all user data, configs and critical files
15 > 2. Download a recent stage that suits your needs
16 > 3. Rebuild world plus add all the extra packages you use
17
18 I followed your advice and it worked very well. From my experience,
19 you're only going to do the same thing if you actually try to
20 downgrade, and it's going to be much harder and take much longer.
21
22 What better advice to follow than your own!!
23
24 Regards,
25 daid