From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a bit off-topic - minimalist Gentoo: X needs a kick to start
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 17:55:27
1 On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to build a minimal Gentoo image for an embedded appliance.
5 > Everything - AFAIK - works good, but I need to key in Ctrl-Alt-F5 /
6 > Ctrl-Alt-F7 a couple of times (F5 is just an example, just have to switch
7 > off of X and back again), just then X shows up.
8 >
9 > I have removed a lot of packages, in special the ones used in development.
10 > GCC is still there, though.
11 >
12 > Any ideas? I know this is hugely vague, but, who knows if someone out there
13 > hasn't gone through this before?
14 >
15 > Thanks!
16 > Francisco
17
18 What is the hardware? Are you sure X is starting as quickly as you
19 assume it is? Are you using the software rasterizer? I have
20 experienced similar issues intermittently on my RPi/RPi3 but not
21 regularly enough to diagnose it.