From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] is it safe to unmask sys-auth/policykit
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 16:04:37
1 Sorry if this is a duplicate -- II never got it back, so I am sending
2 it again.
3
4 Hi. I was trying to do an emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y world
5 and got the following error:
6
7 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=sys-auth/policykit-0.6" have
8 been masked.
9 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
10 request:
11 - sys-auth/policykit-0.6 (masked by: package.mask, ~x86 keyword)
12 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
13 # Saleem Abdulrasool <compnerd@g.o> (23 Nov 2007)
14 # Mask this until we get the input and mounting issues worked out
15
16 In view of this comment, should I unmaks it anyway and if not, how can
17 I get past this one?
18
19 Any assistance would be appreciated.
22 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
23 How do
24 you spend it?
25
26 John Covici