From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD RW (recommendations
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:23:43
1 On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:04 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > SATA or Eide on DVD rw choices (internal unit).
5 >
6 > Any cheap DVD rw that have success writing to
7 > the many forms of rw DVDS, that one
8 > would recommend?
9 >
10 > Any bands (plextor?) to avoid on gentoo?
11
12 I think they should mostly be the same these days... Mine is a SATA
13 Sony Optiarc (formerly NEC) AWG170S and I think it's probably around
14 $20 USD now. Works fine for me since 2007. If you want to do any
15 exotic stuff with hidden tracks on audio CDs, overburning, etc then
16 you need to find specific drives... but I think for burning normal
17 data discs most of the cheap drives now support every format.