From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~amd64] Some possibly (?) helpful hints re the big gnome-3.8 update
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:21:54
1 On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> The wiki is wrong. The script /etc/init.d/udev is part of sys-fs/udev,
5 >> which you need to uninstall before installing systemd. Perhaps it's
6 >> CONFIG_PROTECT'd, but anyway sys-fs/udev and sys-apps/systemd install
7 >> the udev binary in different directories, so the script is basically
8 >> useless after the switch.
9 >
10 > It is pulled in by sys-fs/udev-init-scripts which is a dependency of
11 > systemd[openrc]. So the Wiki is correct.
12
13 Yeah, sorry: my bad. I completely forgot about the openrc USE flag.
14
15 Regards.
16 --
17 Canek Peláez Valdés