From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remove DHCPCD/djbdns -- and now, manual setup fails...
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:48:34
1 On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:34:27 -0800, Michael Higgins wrote:
2
3 > I have a server that had been running dhcpcd to get it's IP address.
4 >
5 > I don't want to do like this anymore, so I removed the package and
6 > attempted to configure the interface manually.
7
8 How? We can't guess at what changes you made.
9
10 > However, somewhere in my configs dhcp client is still called. How do I
11 > fix this?
12
13 By posting the configs here, particularly /etc/conf.d/net. We have to see
14 the config file to be able to tell what's wrong with it.
15
16
17 --
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "Mr. Worf, scan that ship." "Aye Captain. 300 dpi?"