From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] acpid: cannot open input layer -- why is that [ok]?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:25:25
1 Hello group,
2
3 If you google "acpid: cannot open input layer" with quotes, you'll get zero hits. "cannot open input layer" results in five hits all refering back to my own email.
4
5 I started seeing this in the boot console followed by the green [ok] sign after following the gentoo Power-Management-Guide. I've gotten down to Code Listing 2.11: Runlevel adjustment at boot time by editing local.start
6
7 # Fake acpi event to switch runlevel if running on batteries
8 /etc/acpi/actions/pmg_switch_runlevel.sh "battery/battery"
9
10 I don't understand why the author seems to suggest I create the dir, /etc/acpi/actions without explicitly saying so. Why wasn't it created along with the /etc/acpi/events dir when the pkg was installed?
11
12 Maxim
17 Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new Yahoo! Mail: http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/newmail/overview2/