From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Console fonts revisited
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 14:53:35
1 Hello list,
2
3 Some time ago I was looking for a console font whose zero had no diagonal
4 bar, because nowadays I find that makes it resemble an eight too closely.
5
6 At the time I said I'd found a font editor called nafe, which had allowed me
7 to delete the offending bar. At the time I was prepared to put up with all
8 ASCII line characters being shown as ? marks - as used in many ncurses
9 applications like the kernel menuconfig. I assume the editor had truncated
10 the font file.
11
12 Today I've revisited the problem and I've found a GTK font editor in the
13 portage tree which has allowed me to do a proper job. It's x11-misc/gbdfed,
14 which is simplicity itself to run. I wish I'd found it the first time! I'm a
15 happy bunny now.
16
17 Just an update in case anyone's interested.
20 Rgds
21 Peter