From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Powertop constantly tells me to enable USB suspend, but it is already enabled
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 03:26:06
1 On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> As the subject line says, powertop constantly tells me my USB devices
6 >> (keyboard/mouse) are active 100% of the time and to enable USB
7 >> suspend, which I do, but it keeps telling me constantly. How can I
8 >> tell if:
9 >>
10 >> A) USB suspend is actually on or not
11 >> B) powertop is doing anything when I press "U"
12 >>
13 >> I've got USB Suspend/resume support in my kernel, and according to the
14 >> kernel docs the usbcore.usbsuspend default delay is 2 (powertop
15 >> suggests changing it to 1).
16 >>
17 >> Powertop's refresh delay is 5 seconds.
18 >>
19 >> Thanks,
20 >> Paul
23 > Check for USB_SUSPEND in /proc/config.gz
24
25 I do not have a /proc/config.gz but i have this in /boot/config:
26
27 CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y