From: Eskej <eskej@×××××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] more CFLAG
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 05:43:12
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 03:30:31 +0400, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Taking the opportunity of a major update to adjust CFLAGS in
5 > /etc/make.conf and I found something that looks like it might be a
6 > typo of mine.
7 >
8 > CFLAGS="-Os -march=athlon-xp -pipe"
9 >
10 > Does the `O' (uppercase oh) have an `s' component?
11 >
12 > gcc man says the `O' is to set levels and I think this may be supposed
13 > to be a 2.
16 -Os is an optimization for size.
17 From man gcc:
18 -Os Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not
19 typically increase code size. It also performs further
20 optimiza-
21 tions designed to reduce code size.
22
23 -Os disables the following optimization flags: -falign-functions
24 -falign-jumps -falign-loops -falign-labels -freorder-blocks
25 -fprefetch-loop-arrays
26
27 If you use multiple -O options, with or without level numbers,
28 the
29 last such option is the one that is effective.
33 Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list