From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to repair a 'secondary Gentoo system'
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 20:08:27
1 Hello,
2
3 On Mon, 11 Dec 2017, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 >My procedure is quite similar, I only use
5 >
6 >mount --rbind /dev/ "${root}/dev"
7
8 Ah, that's nice for /dev/{pts,shm,usb}/ ;)
9
10 >I've tried
11 >catchsegv chroot /OtherGentoo /bin/bash
12 >
13 >as well as
14 >
15 >chroot /OtherGentoo catchsegv /bin/bash
16 >
17 >In both cases, I don't get any error messages BUT I don't get chrooted.
18 >
19 >Strangely enough, dmesg shows
20 >
21 >systemd-coredump[25375]: Failed to connect to coredump service: No such file
22 ^^^^^^
23 >or directory
24 >
25 >although I'm not using system but openrc on both system
26
27 It seems to me though, that that systemd-coredump thingy is running
28 though ...
29
30 $ ps a -eo pid,cmd | awk '$1 == 25375 { print;}'
31
32 If you're not using systemd as init and that thing still runs, that
33 could be the cause of you not getting usable info.
34
35 HTH,
36 -dnh
39 "N race conditions on the wall, N race conditionsa You take one down,
40 pass it around, and wait. And wait some more." -- Bytor in #tribes